Alix-MAC Personal Belonging Retrieval Plan *Parents to pick up items*
Posted on March 17th, 2020
Alix MAC Personal Belonging Retrieval Plan
17 March 2020
Dear Alix MAC Parents and Students,
I have just received information from the division regarding the process for picking up student belongings at the school. Please note the following information:
- We will open the school to parents to come and collect students’ belongings over the next three days (March 18-20) In order to avoid crowding and contact we would like parents to come in the following order.
- March 18 - 9 am to 3 pm - Last names beginning in A-H
- March 19- 9 am to 3 pm - Last names beginning in I-Q
- March 20- 9 am to 3 pm - Last names beginning in R-Z
- If these times do not work for you, please call the school to set an appointment for when you are available to come and collect your students personal items.
- If you have outstanding library books, they can be dropped off at the same time as you come to collect belongings. There will be a bin in the central entryway for this purpose.
- We would ask that when you come you use the front doors by the office and clean out the locker/desk of your child. There will be garbage bags and cans provided for discarded items.
- If you are experiencing any flu or cold symptoms you should not come to the school as the signs on every door indicate.
- Personal belongings and relevant materials may include, but are not limited to:
- Contents of the child’s locker or desk
- Personal clothing or school supplies including indoor shoes, gym strip, etc.
- Class supplies including notebooks, binders, textbooks, etc.
- Student-owned devices
- Specialized supplies or medication owned by the family and stored at the school
- Other support resources unique to the student
- At this time we cannot loan out school owned chromebooks.
- If you plan to take home any adaptive technology owned by the school division, please contact the school ahead of time so that we can coordinate with Inclusive Learning Services at the division office.
- If your student has a lock on their locker, please remove the lock and leave the locker open, this will then let our cleaning staff know that they can clean the locker.
- Students who have signed out textbooks from the school may take them home and they will be collected when students eventually return to school. Band instruments will also be collected at a later date.
- Note: The school is out of hand sanitizer at this time. Please bring your own supply of hand sanitizer.
Thanks for your support and cooperation in this trying time.