June 2020 Year End Process for Students
Posted on May 22nd, 2020
Mr. Boyd Davies, Principal Mr. Adrian Paolinelli, Assistant Principal
May 22, 2020
JUNE 2020 YEAR END PROCESSES
LAST DAY OF CLASSES and DELIVERY OF AT-HOME LEARNING FOR 2019-2020
In order to ensure there is appropriate time to address year end processes the last day for delivery of at-home learning (classes) for instruction will be Friday, June 19.
DROP-OFF & PICK-UP PROCESSES FOR YEAR END ITEMS
- to collect any remaining student personal belongings.
- to collect year end report cards and where applicable year end IPPs.
- to return textbooks or library books back to the school, where relevant.
- ANY SCHOOL Acer C-720 models CHROMEBOOK THAT HAS BEEN GIVEN OUT DOES NOT NEED TO BE RETURNED
While it would be preferable to have parents pick up their child’s belongings, we do understand that in some cases we will not be able to avoid having older students themselves come to pick up or drop off these items. Because we are adhering to the criteria for mass gatherings listed below and that we are discouraging any students from congregating and lingering.
Schedule for pick-up of items will be as follows:
- Last names A-F June 23 AM
- Last names G-M June 23 PM
- Last names N-S June 24 AM
- Last names T-Z June 24 PM
If you are unable to make it on the assigned time, please choose a time that works best for you. All items will be organized in the main gym and can be picked up from there.
Criteria for mass gatherings:
The following restrictions from Alberta Health Services must be adhered to:
- Mass gatherings in one isolated space of more than 15 people (at the time of writing this document) are not permitted.
- Gatherings of 15 people or less should adhere to physical distancing of 6 feet apart between each individual.
Important Note: Implementation of this plan and the health requirements such as physical distancing are subject to change with direction from the Chief Medical Officer of Health. The requirements written are based on the best available information and conditions known at the time of releasing this document related to the COVID-19 pandemic. These conditions may be adjusted if additional information becomes available or if the status of the COVID-19 pandemic changes.