Dear Grads and Families:
Here is the latest information we have about Graduation Ceremonies.
- The Grad is taking place at the Whistle Stop Outdoor Movie lot in Mirror. It will be on Saturday, October 3rd. Grad Pictures will start at 4 pm and the Grade Ceremony will start at 5 pm.
- People will remain in their vehicles for the ceremony and the audio will be available through your car radio.
- We plan to use the stage from the school for the ceremony and a video image of the proceedings will be on the big movie screen.
2. There is no cap on who can attend. We will reserve two parking spots at the front for each Grad.
3. There will be a stage and microphone and we plan to have a tent available for inclement weather.
4. We are working on the program and other details in the next few weeks.
The deadline to RSVP (to firstname.lastname@example.org) is Friday, September 18th.
Hello Grads, Parents, Staff, and Dignitaries,
I wanted to update you all with the latest information we have regarding Graduation which is coming up very soon, (Less than two weeks away!!)
On the day of the ceremony (Saturday October 3, 2020) the following will take place:
10am-12 pm- Volunteers will meet at Alix MAC at 10 am to load the stage and backdrop in a trailer provided by Mr. Konschuh. Volunteers will then go to the Whistle Stop in Mirror and set up the stage, skirting and backdrop. (Possibly a tent as well if the weather is not cooperating.)
12:00 pm- 2 pm. Volunteers will help decorate the stage and test the sound and audiovisual equipment.
4:00 pm. Grads will take group pictures with the LifeTouch Photographer. (Likely on the stage)
5:00 pm. Parking attendants will assist people attending to park their cars. Two spots per grad family will be reserved near the stage.
- Grads will take their place on the stage at about 5:15 if the weather permits.
- If the weather is rainy, cold, or snowy, Grads will remain in their vehicle with their family until they are called up to speak or receive an award or diploma.
5:30-7:00 pm- Ceremony starts (See Draft Program Below)
- At the ceremony people should remain in their vehicles and listen to the program over the radio. Social Distancing must be maintained if people leave their vehicle or masks should be worn if that is not possible.
- The microphone and podium will be sanitized after each speaker.
- At the end of the ceremony, volunteers will take down the stage and backdrops and load them in Mr. Konschuh's trailer. The stage will be unloaded back at the school on Monday Morning.
We are looking forward to celebrating the accomplishments of the 2020 Alix MAC grad class.
Graduation Ceremony, Mirror Alberta
3 October 2020, 5:30 pm
Opening Remarks and Welcome- MCs - Mrs. Janice Besuijen and Mr. Brian Grocholski
O’Canada- Bonnie Swainston
Welcome from Alix Mayor- His Worship, Rob Fehr, Mayor of Alix, Alberta
Welcome from Wolf Creek Public Schools and Scholarship Presentation- Mrs. Luci Henry (School Trustee) and Mr. Mark McWhinnie (Alix MAC Superintendent Liaison)
Valedictorian Speech and Toast to Teachers- Ms. Jessica Schultz
Commencement address- Mr. Grocholski
John Ireland- Alix Legion Award Presentation
Brenda Knight- Bentley Seed Award Presentation
Toast to Parents- Ms. Emily Beamish and Ms. Kelsey Konschuh
Reply from Parents- Mrs. Ramona Gartner, Mrs. Trista Beamish, and Mrs. Isabelle Konschuh
Award Presentations- Mr. Boyd Davies, Mr. Adrian Paolinelli
Speech- Mr. Ward Boss
Handing out of Diploma/Certificate (Davies/Paolinelli)- Final Remarks- MCs - Mrs. Janice Besuijen and Brian Grocholski